Submission to a Specific Exhibit Call for Art
- 2D or 3D that directly deal with the subject specified in the Call for Art.
- All work must be ready-to-exhibit with appropriate framing, hardware, pedestal, or other equipment.
- Submission Instructions
- Include up to 4 images of eligible work on slides or CD Rom (4x6 jpeg 350dpi). Include detail images when helpful.
- Include slide list identifying all images. Indicate: Artist Name, Date, Title, Medium, and Price.
- Include Artist Statement and Resume.
- Complete submission packages should be delivered or mailed to Kathleen McMahon Fine Art,
1450 Chestnut Street, Suite 102, San Francisco, CA 94123 Attn: [Name of Exhibit], with payment.
- All submissions must be received no later than the deadline stated in the Call for Art.
- Questions may be sent to us
via e*mail. Please, no phone calls.
- E*mail submissions are not accepted.
We focus our energies on providing quality attention to the artists we represent and try not to expand our list of artists too much,
but we are always open to reviewing the work of other artists which may fit within our focus and programs. Because our time is very
limited for reviewing new artists, we have the following submission guidelines:
- No e*mail submissions. Your mailed submission package should include the following:
- Representative images of what you would like us to review, on CD (jpeg, 300dpi) and/or color prints.
- A list identifying all images. Indicate: Artist Name, Date, Title, Medium, and Price.
- A link to your website if you have one.
- Your resume and bio.
- Copies of any publication articles your work or career has been discussed in, if available.
- No Phone Calls. Please mail your submission packet to: Kathleen McMahon Fine Art,
1450 Chestnut Street, Suite 102, San Francisco, CA 94123 Attn: Artist Submission
Because of our limited time and resources, unfortunately under no circumstances can we accept walk-in appointments, give live
portfolio reviews, or accept original artworks during the initial submission review process. At the galleryís discretion, a
secondary review process may involve a studio visit or portfolio review (by appointment) after the gallery has reviewed the
complete submission package. We are unable to return your submission package unless you have provided a proper pre-paid
envelope with the correct postage.
Due to scheduling and space limitations, it is not possible to accept all suitable works submitted (though some work may be
selected to be featured on our website and rolling window display and other marketing materials until space in the gallery
becomes available). Artists whose works are declined are invited to resubmit after one calendar year. Artists accepted after
resubmitting are given scheduling preference over artists who are accepted after applying for the first time.
All work represented by the gallery is juried for appropriateness based upon: quality, subject matter, critical relevance, price,
marketability, professionalism and an artistís career development with relation to the particular needs of the gallery at a